23 Million Will Lose Health Insurance by 2026
We have two upcoming meeting dates for Gardner's staff, the first will be regarding Trumpcare: We need your help. Please write your letter right now. Tell Senator Gardner what you want him to do as your representative. Send it to email@example.com.
Senator Cory Gardner
1125 17th St., Suite 525
Denver, CO 80202
Dear Senator Gardner,
My name is (FIRST AND LAST NAME) a constituent from (CITY AND STATE).
I am writing to urge you to help Colorado by not supporting the AHCA. The AHCA will cause millions to lose their healthcare and premiums will skyrocket for the poor, the elderly, and those with pre-existing conditions. Health care should not be a partisan issue. We need to fix the ACA and create commonsense solutions that is fair for all Coloradoans.
(ADD A PERSONAL NOTE, IF YOU CAN)
May 12 at 5 pm, Screening of Tickling Giants (UCD campus, Science building (Speer and Lawrence) SI 1111). Organized by the Denver Action Committee and UCD Department of Anthropology Club.
Please print out the attached flier and post as you like.
Also RSVP on FB or EventBrite.
Can't wait to see you there!
1. Write a letter to our members of Congress to tell them that climate change is real and is affecting our lives in Colorado. Pick a topic to write about:
2. Be sure to include your mailing address.
3. After you complete your letter, change the header so that we have three letters from you -- one to each member of Congress. So, one letter to Senator Gardner, one to Senator Bennet, and one to Congresswoman DeGette. Make any other tweaks necessary, if you personalized any of the letters.
4. Scan your signed letters.
5. Email your scan as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 11, 9 am.
6. When we meet the staff, we will present them with your letters.
7. Ask a friend to write a letter too!
This week, our first group met with Congresswoman DeGette's staff and delivered your letters. Thank you!
A few things we learned. First, the staff told us: Activism works! The Republicans' current stumbles on Trumpcare and many other issues are a direct result of the kind of work we're doing. "They're in trouble," one staffer told us, "because of the outcry."
We also asked for advice in approaching Senator Gardner. "Respectful, knowledge-based arguments are most effective," we were told. In our letters, we were encouraged to be specific -- if the repeal of the ACA will affect you, for example, can you be specific about the financial costs to your family?
Finally, we were encouraged to keep building the movement. We need to keep harnessing the power of the people -- encouraging allies to join us. So please invite friends and family to join DAC as well!
We're extending the Gardner deadline! Our Senator Gardner team is not meeting his staff until later in the week. So please write a letter by Tuesday, March 21, 9 am.
1. Write a letter to Senator Gardner about what you think about Obamacare and the proposed Republican healthcare plan. Tell a personal story if you can. Or write about what you think the Republican bill will mean for Colorado. What is there to object to? Lots and lots.
2. Be sure to include your mailing address.
3. Scan your signed letter to Senator Gardner.
5. Email your scan as an attachment to email@example.com.
This Friday (February 10), six DAC representatives will meet with Senator Cory Gardner's staff for the first time.
We thought it would be a surprising start to begin our engagement with the senator by thanking him. Specifically, for objecting to Trump's travel ban. We see a potential opening here and want to focus the meeting on immigration. The plan:
1. Please write a personal letter to Senator Gardner. First, thank him for objecting to Trump's travel ban. Second, share any personal thoughts about why you care about immigration and want a sane immigration policy. Third, tell him what you want him to do next (e.g., don't build the Wall, don't target refugees).
2. Be sure to include your mailing address. Scan your signed letter.
3. Email your scan to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 10, 9 am.
4. Ask your friends and family to join us with a letter! When we meet Gardner's staff, we will present them with these letters and ask that he work to fix Trump's misguided immigration strategies.
5. Set up your own meeting with Gardner about an issue that is important to you: www.gardner.senate.gov/contact-cory/meeting-request
A great letter we received below may inspire you as it did us!!
Women's March on Denver on Saturday, January 21 at Civic Park downtown.
For those who can make it, please look for our email about where to meet up at 9 am that morning.
Denver is poised to become a sanctuary city should Trump move forward with his draconian immigration plan; however, Denver will likely need considerable political courage to follow through because it would likely lose millions in federal funding.
If you’re in agreement, please write to Mayor Hancock urging him to continue with his plans and pledging your support for this important movement.