This Friday (February 10), six DAC representatives will meet with Senator Cory Gardner's staff for the first time.
We thought it would be a surprising start to begin our engagement with the senator by thanking him. Specifically, for objecting to Trump's travel ban. We see a potential opening here and want to focus the meeting on immigration. The plan:
1. Please write a personal letter to Senator Gardner. First, thank him for objecting to Trump's travel ban. Second, share any personal thoughts about why you care about immigration and want a sane immigration policy. Third, tell him what you want him to do next (e.g., don't build the Wall, don't target refugees).
2. Be sure to include your mailing address. Scan your signed letter.
3. Email your scan to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 10, 9 am.
4. Ask your friends and family to join us with a letter! When we meet Gardner's staff, we will present them with these letters and ask that he work to fix Trump's misguided immigration strategies.
5. Set up your own meeting with Gardner about an issue that is important to you: www.gardner.senate.gov/contact-cory/meeting-request
A great letter we received below may inspire you as it did us!!